Re: [Hammock Camping] Shelter, Individual, Suspended

  • Mak
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 4, 2011
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Michael Lindroos <lindrom@...>
      wrote:

      > What do you think the weight would be? How about pack size?
      >
      > The lightweight version, seen here, has a 90 denier ripstop upper. It
      was just under 5 Lbs including the dowels and all support straps and
      Para cord. If I made any more, I would use 200 Denier Cordura. It
      would be much more durable, but probably bring the weight to about 6
      Lbs, which may be too heavy for current Mil Specs. There may be a new-er
      high tech fabric now that could do the job with less weight.