New member and a problem

  • Jeffreydlamb
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hi guys, new member here who needs help. I signed up a few weeks ago for a Hammockforums account. My account is partially inactive in that I can't post or reply to posts, like my account didn't get processed. I never got a confirmation email from any moderators either.

      I'm wondering if anyone here can help get the word to someone over at hammockforums.net that I need my account activated.

      My user name over there is SpyderTattoo.

      Now that business is taken care of, I'm brand new to hammock camping. I live in Washington State on the rainy side of the Cascade Mountains. Just got my first hammock (grand trunk) for Christmas. I'm already planning on making a couple whoopie slings for myself as soon as I order the amsteel for it. I'm having a guy I know who has a business making rifle slings, make me a couple of tree-huggers too.

      I've built myself a woodgas stove out of a 1qt paint can and progresso soup can just like that guy on the youtube videos. And I've made myself a couple backup alcohol stoves from coke cans. This is definately my new favorite hobby and I am so excited to get out there once the weather warms up.

      I've been taking my two boys on short backpacking trips during the past two summers to a place I used to go when I was in Jr High/High school. I just can't do it on the ground any more, I can't get any sleep, shoulders and back end up very uncomfortable which makes the next day suck. You all know where I'm coming from here...

      I'm not into cold weather camping yet, summer only. Besides, the forrest service road to get up the mountain where we go is all snowed in so even my 4WD can't make it in there.

      If anyone in my part of the country would like to know about a super place to camp, PM me and I can send you info on where I like to go.

      Thanks for reading and for any help given to get my hammockforum account up and running.
    • Rogene Calkins
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2011
        Hi Spidertattoo
        Welcome to this list.
        Sounds like you have a great place to hike and camp with your kids and have
        a plan for hanging.
        Good luck. I live near the Smokie Mt. and don't see a way to visit
        Washington state any time in this life time
        financially even so I'd love to hike in the Cascades or do the PCT. I have
        yet to hike the AT.
        Sorry I'm not on the hammock forum so can't help you out there.
        Rogene

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2011
          I copied and sent your message to a moderator at hammockforums.net
          Hope this helps!

          Deb

          To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2011
            Hi, I am a member also of HammockForums.com. It will take a few days to get full privilages to the entire page. Just browse around, check out the different forum sections, Go to the search and you will find most anything you want to know.

            Sunny's_Trike

          • ChuckB
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
              Hi, Jeff!

              I'm not sure why you weren't able to post on hammockforums.net but I just checked the member list and you're listed there as a "Junior Member" so I think you are already up and running. I'll send you a PM to check it out.

              Good advice here so far, and I second the recommendation of JustJeff's site.

              Also check out Risk's pages: http://www.imrisk.com/
              and Ray Garlington's pages: http://garlington.biz/Ray/

              - Chuck (aka Frawg)

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffreydlamb" <jeffreydlamb@...> wrote:

              > Hi guys, new member here who needs help. I signed up a few weeks
              ago for a Hammockforums account. My account is partially inactive in that I can't post or reply to posts, like my account didn't get processed. I never got a confirmation email from any moderators either.
              <snipped>
            • Dennis
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
                I put in a request for you ....
                http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=382532#post382532

                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffreydlamb" <jeffreydlamb@...> wrote:

                > Hi guys, new member here who needs help. I signed up a few weeks ago for a Hammockforums account. My account is partially inactive in that I can't post or reply to posts, like my account didn't get processed. I never got a confirmation email from any moderators either.
                >
                > I'm wondering if anyone here can help get the word to someone over at hammockforums.net that I need my account activated.
                >
                > My user name over there is SpyderTattoo.
                >
                > Now that business is taken care of, I'm brand new to hammock camping. I live in Washington State on the rainy side of the Cascade Mountains. Just got my first hammock (grand trunk) for Christmas. I'm already planning on making a couple whoopie slings for myself as soon as I order the amsteel for it. I'm having a guy I know who has a business making rifle slings, make me a couple of tree-huggers too.
                >
                > I've built myself a woodgas stove out of a 1qt paint can and progresso soup can just like that guy on the youtube videos. And I've made myself a couple backup alcohol stoves from coke cans. This is definately my new favorite hobby and I am so excited to get out there once the weather warms up.
                >
                > I've been taking my two boys on short backpacking trips during the past two summers to a place I used to go when I was in Jr High/High school. I just can't do it on the ground any more, I can't get any sleep, shoulders and back end up very uncomfortable which makes the next day suck. You all know where I'm coming from here...
                >
                > I'm not into cold weather camping yet, summer only. Besides, the forrest service road to get up the mountain where we go is all snowed in so even my 4WD can't make it in there.
                >
                > If anyone in my part of the country would like to know about a super place to camp, PM me and I can send you info on where I like to go.
                >
                > Thanks for reading and for any help given to get my hammockforum account up and running.

              • sawyer7271
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
                  Looks like AngrySparrow fixed it a few minutes after you posted...

                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, debbie briscoe <ldcakes@...> wrote:

                  > I copied and sent your message to a moderator at hammockforums.net
                  > Hope this helps!
                  >

                  > Deb

                  > To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: jeffreydlamb@...
                  > Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 00:49:21 +0000
                  > Subject: [Hammock Camping] New member and a problem
                  >

                  > Hi guys, new member here who needs help. I signed up a few weeks ago for a Hammockforums account. My account is partially inactive in that I can't post or reply to posts, like my account didn't get processed. I never got a confirmation email from any moderators either.
                  >
                  > I'm wondering if anyone here can help get the word to someone over at hammockforums.net that I need my account activated.
                  >
                  > My user name over there is SpyderTattoo.
                  >
                  > Now that business is taken care of, I'm brand new to hammock camping. I live in Washington State on the rainy side of the Cascade Mountains. Just got my first hammock (grand trunk) for Christmas. I'm already planning on making a couple whoopie slings for myself as soon as I order the amsteel for it. I'm having a guy I know who has a business making rifle slings, make me a couple of tree-huggers too.
                  >
                  > I've built myself a woodgas stove out of a 1qt paint can and progresso soup can just like that guy on the youtube videos. And I've made myself a couple backup alcohol stoves from coke cans. This is definately my new favorite hobby and I am so excited to get out there once the weather warms up.
                  >
                  > I've been taking my two boys on short backpacking trips during the past two summers to a place I used to go when I was in Jr High/High school. I just can't do it on the ground any more, I can't get any sleep, shoulders and back end up very uncomfortable which makes the next day suck. You all know where I'm coming from here...
                  >
                  > I'm not into cold weather camping yet, summer only. Besides, the forrest service road to get up the mountain where we go is all snowed in so even my 4WD can't make it in there.
                  >
                  > If anyone in my part of the country would like to know about a super place to camp, PM me and I can send you info on where I like to go.
                  >
                  > Thanks for reading and for any help given to get my hammockforum account up and running.

                • spydertattoo72
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 5, 2011
                    --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sawyer7271" <sawyer7271@...> wrote:

                    > Looks like AngrySparrow fixed it a few minutes after you posted...
                    >
                    > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, debbie briscoe <ldcakes@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > I copied and sent your message to a moderator at hammockforums.net
                    > > Hope this helps!
                    > >

                    > > Deb
                    > >

                    > > Thank you so much. It worked. They activated me. Glad I found this yahoo group so you guys could pass the message for me. It has been frustrating to not be able to participate over there. Although I've read and learned so much over there.

                    Thank you again Deb,

                    Jeff (SpyderTattoo)