Re: [Hammock Camping] first post

  • EHamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
      Hi there, keep us posted on how you're liking it.

      I get a very comfortable sleep in my hammock but I have not become a total
      convert to hammock camping. There are advantages, for sure, but I'm not positive
      they've outweighed those of a lightweight tent. I do like the versatility of the
      rainfly but I think I might be farther ahead just to carry that or a tarp and go
      to tarping. Except then there's bugs, both flying and crawling. Being up off the
      ground has definite pluses.

      MacGyver

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, EHamilton <imagainst_the_wind@...> wrote:

        > Hi there, keep us posted on how you're liking it.

        second night in the backyard in progress. i am getting hooked to the sense of freedom; it's a great thing to be able to spend a night just about anywhere in such a comfort... i think it's not sagging enough, but i'm too lazy to go out and relax it. this night is 5C/9F warmer than last night (10C/50F) was. the supershelter and the space blanket is still in place and i am hot! got 4 tent pegs for the kit. this w/e i'll hang in real outdoors :-)
      • Brian H
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
          Hi,

          Check out www.tothewoods.net Just Jeffs page.  The section on ridgelines and sag
          is just what you need.

          After you figure out the sag, just attach the line and setup is a breeze.