Re: [Hammock Camping] How To Make Simple Soap

  • Carey Parks
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2010
      Erm.., I don't think the point is to carry oil or fat into the woods to make
      soap, better to just carry soap. I think the point would be to make soap out
      of the by-products of your subsistence in the wild, say by using animal fat
      from animals that you have eaten? Skim the pot when you boil some meat for
      example.

      On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:47 PM, EHamilton <imagainst_the_wind@...>wrote:

      > This is pretty interesting. Wonder if it could be made with olive oil? It
      > probably wouldn't harden as well (if at all.) I don't carry lard or animal
      > fat
      > with me in the wild :-)
      >
      > MacGyver

      http://parkswhistles.com/