Re: [Hammock Camping] Fw: Nobile prize in physics

  • Mark Miracle
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2010
      I have no experience with this company or it's products, I just
      happened to see this and it peaked my curiosity. Too rich for my blood.

      On Oct 15, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Spencer Bliven wrote:

      > Mark´┐Ż
      >
      > The Klymit stuff looks cool, although I'm not sure I want to lug gas
      > canisters around. Do you have any experience with it yourself? I was
      > wondering how durable a jacket filled with bubbles of air could be.
      > $200+ is
      > a lot to replace a punctured vest.
      >
      > -Spencer
      >
      > On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Mark Miracle
      > <mr.mmiracle@...>wrote:
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Speaking of high-tech, check this out: www.klymit.com
      > >

      > > On Oct 9, 2010, at 5:03 AM, Rogene Calkins wrote:
      > >

      > > > I think it was a Russian team that won the prize in physics this
      > > > past week.
      > > > Anyone hear about this?
      > > > Any way they developed is one atom thick carbon graphite? that
      > is 10?x
      > > > stronger than steel
      > > > that is expected to revolutionize the computer world in lap top
      > > > screens and
      > > > boards etc.
      > > >
      > > > Now how can our brightest light weight hiker minds wrap ourselves
      > > > around
      > > > this and all it's possibilities for lightweight gear.
      > > >
      > > > Rogene

    • Ragan M
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 27, 2010
        This was so interesting! Apparently the single layer of graphene has unique properties in electrical conductivity. Don't know if that would be a good idea for camping but it still rocks.

        http://www.sciencefriday.com/program/archives/201010082

        Ragan