New Member

  • whitewaterpixie
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 24, 2010
      Hi, I just started hanging this summer and am headed out this weekend to
      the Nantahala for the Festival and a little paddling. Seems like
      everywhere I go I talk to someone about hammocking and put them on the
      path to convert. :)

      My rig is an ENO Doublenest, ENO bug-net, Noah Tarp 9 and I changed my
      suspension to Whoopie Slings and Tree Huggers. I don't have the funds
      yet to buy an under quilt so I made a pad extender for my Thermarest and
      put Reflectix insulation in the wings(aluminized bubble wrap). This
      weekend will be my first test. I'll come back with my results. And will
      post some pics.

      Cakes
    • Charles Bey
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 25, 2010
        Welcome to Hammock Forums! Hope to hear more about your hammock
        camping experiences. Didn't know about the Nantahala Festival this
        weekend. Have fun!

        Cheers,
        Mountainwave
      • flyincajun
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 25, 2010
          Hello from a fellow newb ! Just got my Hennessy Expedition Asym today. Only had time for a quick hang test in the back yard. Will play more this week. An all new experience for me.
          More issues with warm weather, rain and mosquitoes down here in Louisiana. Heading up to Arkansas the last week of October.
          Best wishes