Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Hanging Mods

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6, 2010
      On 08/07/2010 01:06, egiese01 wrote:
      >> good advice but i need to ask,do you like to carry heavy packs?? if not why all the hardware

      I've often wondered this, too. What's with all the hardware? In fact,
      I went back to Hennessey's default mode of figure-8 wraps precisely
      because it was the lightest option. It's not that convenient, but
      what's an extra 5 minutes at a campsite?

      If I'm going somewhere where we'll need some hardware (biners) anyway
      (i.e. bad trails), then I'll carry the biners and make them double-use
      with my hammock.

      CL
    • sawyer7271
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2010
        You do have a valid point. I don't have whoopie slings at this point. I guess with whoopies/toggles I could save as much as 4-6 ounces. Hmmm... Christmas isn't too far away...