x-long patrol sleeping bag as a peapod????

  • Blake Robert
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2010
        Being allergic to feathers, I am looking for an alternative synthetic sleeping
      bag to use as a peapod.

        Apparently, the military patrol sleeping bag is sized to go over another bag
      in a modular system.

        And, the x-long size is supposed to be 106" long.

        Has anyone had any experience with these used as peapods?

                            RB

    • gumby zenkayaker
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2010
        Hello !!!! I have the whole system bags,but have an OLD type hammock.
        The niddle bag fits tight but works for me down too -10.hope this
        helps

        On 8/5/10, Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@...> wrote:
        >   Being allergic to feathers, I am looking for an alternative synthetic
        > sleeping
        > bag to use as a peapod.
        >
        >   Apparently, the military patrol sleeping bag is sized to go over another
        > bag
        > in a modular system.
        >
        >   And, the x-long size is supposed to be 106" long.
        >
        >   Has anyone had any experience with these used as peapods?
        >
        >                       RB

        enjoy your days&remember your nites, move or die ,the only easyday,was,yesterday
      • Blake Robert
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2010
          Thank you.

          Does the foot area have enough width to lie on the diagonal?

                        RB

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2010
            Sorry no ,the hammock is mil surplus and is built straight-sided like
            a TV box. 30x30x8'.the mummy bag liner is shaped just like a TAPERED
            BAG!!!! It is comfortable though!!!! Later Gumby