Strap Question

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2010
      I was thinking of purchasing these
      http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Strap%20Set.htm

      But then I found this
      http://www.strapworks.com/product_p/hss1h.htm

      I already have a set of triglides from JRB, so it seems as if the second
      one would be cheaper if htey are about the same thing.
      Any advice?

      TV
    • sawyer7271
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2010
        I think the JRB straps are polyester, which would make them lighter... Personally, I like the setup from AHE with a Dutch Clip. That way my strap is attached to my hammock through the buckle. I wrap my strap around the tree, clip it with the dutch clip, and adjust. It's easier than having to thread the tri-glide...

        http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1324005

        Plus he has the straps for $0.50/ft, and sews eyes on one end...

        You can use a dutch clip or carabiner, dutch clips are available from the webstore from http://www.hammockforums.net

        AHE has fantastic customer service, and ships quick...

        Speer's site had polyester straps really cheap, I don't know if the business change has affected that...

        Best of luck,

        John