Re: [Hammock Camping] Daydreaming

  • Carey Parks
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
      Sure. But depending on what the line and prussik are made from you may need
      to add more turns or use another knot from the same family - Klemheist or
      Bachman.

      If you think about the HH hang, with the ridge line going into the hammock
      ends, that's the same thing, only the pieces of line forming the "line
      between trees" are three pieces knotted together.

      http://parkswhistles.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/carey.parks
      http://twitter.com/LuthierCarey

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010

        On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Carey Parks <Carey@...>wrote:

        > Sure. But depending on what the line and prussik are made from you may need
        > to add more turns or use another knot from the same family - Klemheist or
        > Bachman.
        >
        > If you think about the HH hang, with the ridge line going into the hammock
        > ends, that's the same thing, only the pieces of line forming the "line
        > between trees" are three pieces knotted together.

        Yup, That's what started this day dream. :]

        Ralph

      • Brian T
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
          You get breaks? Ima half to talk to someone bout this...

          Brian

          On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

          > So I'm day dreaming on my break .....about hammocks and ridgelines
          >
          > Can I run a line between two trees then hang the hammock (with a Prussik ??)
          > from the line?
          >
          > Ralph
          >
          > [
        • Ralph Oborn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
            On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Brian T <brian.tannehill@...> wrote:

            > You get breaks? Ima half to talk to someone bout this...
            >
            > Brian

            I take breaks! :]

            Ralph

          • Matthew Takeda
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 25, 2010
              At 01:13 AM 23-06-10, Ralph Oborn wrote:
              >Can I run a line between two trees then hang the hammock (with a Prussik ??)
              >from the line?

              That's exactly what I do.

              Matthew Takeda
              the JOAT