Daydreaming

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
      So I'm day dreaming on my break .....about hammocks and ridgelines

      Can I run a line between two trees then hang the hammock (with a Prussik ??)
      from the line?

      Ralph

    • Carey Parks
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
        Sure. But depending on what the line and prussik are made from you may need
        to add more turns or use another knot from the same family - Klemheist or
        Bachman.

        If you think about the HH hang, with the ridge line going into the hammock
        ends, that's the same thing, only the pieces of line forming the "line
        between trees" are three pieces knotted together.

        http://parkswhistles.com/
        http://www.facebook.com/carey.parks
        http://twitter.com/LuthierCarey

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010

          On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Carey Parks <Carey@...>wrote:

          > Sure. But depending on what the line and prussik are made from you may need
          > to add more turns or use another knot from the same family - Klemheist or
          > Bachman.
          >
          > If you think about the HH hang, with the ridge line going into the hammock
          > ends, that's the same thing, only the pieces of line forming the "line
          > between trees" are three pieces knotted together.

          Yup, That's what started this day dream. :]

          Ralph

        • Brian T
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
            You get breaks? Ima half to talk to someone bout this...

            Brian

            On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

            > So I'm day dreaming on my break .....about hammocks and ridgelines
            >
            > Can I run a line between two trees then hang the hammock (with a Prussik ??)
            > from the line?
            >
            > Ralph
            >
            > [
          • Ralph Oborn
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
              On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Brian T <brian.tannehill@...> wrote:

              > You get breaks? Ima half to talk to someone bout this...
              >
              > Brian

              I take breaks! :]

              Ralph

            • Matthew Takeda
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 25, 2010
                At 01:13 AM 23-06-10, Ralph Oborn wrote:
                >Can I run a line between two trees then hang the hammock (with a Prussik ??)
                >from the line?

                That's exactly what I do.

                Matthew Takeda
                the JOAT