Re: para corc

  • sawyer7271
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
      That's a very good find. Funny, but I just scored about 500' of the exact same stuff this past weekend... It's not terribly light, but the price is right.

      Since Mule Tape is a brand, this is another equivalent, and it's polyester, so absolutely no stretch.

      This tape is, slippery by design, so make sure your knots are secure. For the kids, this also means no need for tree-huggers.

      I've also sewn welded rings into short straps with a sewn-in-loop on one end for attaching to the hammock. Works well if you adjust the hammock, and tie a slippery 1/2-hitch...

      Nice score!

      John

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

      > The adventure continues
      >
      > I scored about 600 feet of 5/8 poly strapping (similar to Mule tape)
      >
      > Bull Line WP18 according to the web site it has a tensile strength of
      > 1800 lbs.
      >
      > I remembered a neighbor who worked for the phone company.
      >
      > Price was right for scouts free.
      >

      > No more Bungee Hammocks
      >
      > I have contacts with the Poer company and the cable company looking for
      > more. :]
      >
      > Ralph
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
        Mine has a conductivity wire running through, that will come out easily I
        hope.

        Ralph

      • Cara Lin Bridgman
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
          Ralph Oborn wrote:
          > No more Bungee Hammocks

          Must be some disappointed scouts out there!

          CL