Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: para corc

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
      No, some of my friends are,

      I don't consider thousands of people on a lawn as camping.

      Ralph

      On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Rosaleen Sullivan <rosaleen43@...>wrote:

      > Good job, Ralph!
      >

      > Hmm-If you keep scoring big bundles, you may be able to go into selling
      > lengths as a fund raiser for your Scouts. I think AntiGravity Gear may have
      > started out with Tin Man selling stoves with at least some of the proceeds
      > going to his Troop.
      >

      > Changing topics: Are you going to the BSA Jamboree next month?
      >

      > Rosaleen
      >

      > Re: para corc
      > Posted by: "Ralph Oborn" Ralph.oborn@... polecatpop
      > Date: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > The adventure continues
      >
      > I scored about 600 feet of 5/8 poly strapping (similar to Mule tape)
      >
      > Bull Line WP18 according to the web site it has a tensile strength of
      > 1800 lbs.

    • sawyer7271
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
        That's a very good find. Funny, but I just scored about 500' of the exact same stuff this past weekend... It's not terribly light, but the price is right.

        Since Mule Tape is a brand, this is another equivalent, and it's polyester, so absolutely no stretch.

        This tape is, slippery by design, so make sure your knots are secure. For the kids, this also means no need for tree-huggers.

        I've also sewn welded rings into short straps with a sewn-in-loop on one end for attaching to the hammock. Works well if you adjust the hammock, and tie a slippery 1/2-hitch...

        Nice score!

        John

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

        > The adventure continues
        >
        > I scored about 600 feet of 5/8 poly strapping (similar to Mule tape)
        >
        > Bull Line WP18 according to the web site it has a tensile strength of
        > 1800 lbs.
        >
        > I remembered a neighbor who worked for the phone company.
        >
        > Price was right for scouts free.
        >

        > No more Bungee Hammocks
        >
        > I have contacts with the Poer company and the cable company looking for
        > more. :]
        >
        > Ralph
      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
          Mine has a conductivity wire running through, that will come out easily I
          hope.

          Ralph

        • Cara Lin Bridgman
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
            Ralph Oborn wrote:
            > No more Bungee Hammocks

            Must be some disappointed scouts out there!

            CL