Hi from a NewBe to the group = but an old Hammocker

  • para
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2010
      I've been Hammockering for about 10 years now - I began in Hawaii where a friend was making them out of old parachute material.

      Since then, I've switched to black silk - or for less weight fishing net with a styrofoam liner. Although... the Hammocks from 10 years ago are still used from time to time :)

      As are most of you - I am a lone camper - which I prefer.
      Peace.
      Later
      - J
    • EHamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2010
        So, J, do you make your own hammocks? How would you compare the silk to the parachute stuff in comfort, breathability, strength, etc?

        Fish net? Wow, who woulda thought? And a styrofoam liner.... like, closed-cell foam or something similar? How do you work this? This is very interesting.

        MacGyver