Hi from a NewBe to the group = but an old Hammocker

  • para
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15 6:40 AM
      I've been Hammockering for about 10 years now - I began in Hawaii where a friend was making them out of old parachute material.

      Since then, I've switched to black silk - or for less weight fishing net with a styrofoam liner. Although... the Hammocks from 10 years ago are still used from time to time :)

      As are most of you - I am a lone camper - which I prefer.
      Peace.
      Later
      - J
    • EHamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25 6:45 AM
        So, J, do you make your own hammocks? How would you compare the silk to the parachute stuff in comfort, breathability, strength, etc?

        Fish net? Wow, who woulda thought? And a styrofoam liner.... like, closed-cell foam or something similar? How do you work this? This is very interesting.

        MacGyver