Re: [Hammock Camping] re: para corc

  • gumby zenkayaker
    Message 1 of 9 , May 23, 2010
      Hey RALF !!!! Better hurry to the PATENT office or someone will beat
      ya out of your royaltie's. LMAO. Later gumby/zenkayaker "enjoy your
      days and remember your nite's"

      On 5/23/10, Rosaleen Sullivan <rosaleen43@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Ralph-
      >

      > Thanks for the update. This is one of those times that I'd have preferred
      > to be wrong.
      >

      > Rosaleen
      >
      > Trip Report!!!
      >
      > My scouts went camping last night.
      > 6 scouts, 5 dads, 3 leaders, 12 hammocks 1 tent
      >
      > I was in my HH the rest of the hammocks were risk test hammocks with sheet
      > bend and diagonal blue tarps.
      >
      > It rained most of the night!!
      > Everybody slept warm and dry!!
      >
      > Most of the hammocks were made with poly strapping (one with mule tape) All
      > performed flawlessly!
      >
      > 4 hammocks were made with nylon strapping, the two kids that slept in them
      > did fine,
      > the two dads that tried to sleep in them had to retie in the middle of the
      > night because they (slowly ) hit the ground.
      >
      > As the group here predicted I had invented bungee hammocking.
      > One inch nylon has to much stretch to be used for an adult hammock.
      >
      > Ralph

      enjoy your days&remember your nites, move or die ,the only easyday,was,yesterday
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 16, 2010
        The adventure continues

        I scored about 600 feet of 5/8 poly strapping (similar to Mule tape)

        Bull Line WP18 according to the web site it has a tensile strength of
        1800 lbs.

        I remembered a neighbor who worked for the phone company.

        Price was right for scouts free.

        No more Bungee Hammocks

        I have contacts with the Poer company and the cable company looking for
        more. :]

        Ralph

        On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Rosaleen Sullivan <rosaleen43@...>wrote:

        > Hi, Ralph-
        >

        > Thanks for the update. This is one of those times that I'd have preferred
        > to be wrong.
        >

        > Rosaleen
        >
        > Trip Report!!!
        >
        > My scouts went camping last night.
        > 6 scouts, 5 dads, 3 leaders, 12 hammocks 1 tent
        >
        > I was in my HH the rest of the hammocks were risk test hammocks with sheet
        > bend and diagonal blue tarps.
        >
        > It rained most of the night!!
        > Everybody slept warm and dry!!
        >
        > Most of the hammocks were made with poly strapping (one with mule tape) All
        > performed flawlessly!
        >
        > 4 hammocks were made with nylon strapping, the two kids that slept in them
        > did fine,
        > the two dads that tried to sleep in them had to retie in the middle of the
        > night because they (slowly ) hit the ground.
        >
        > As the group here predicted I had invented bungee hammocking.
        > One inch nylon has to much stretch to be used for an adult hammock.
        >
        > Ralph

      • Rosaleen Sullivan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
          Good job, Ralph!

          Hmm-If you keep scoring big bundles, you may be able to go into selling lengths as a fund raiser for your Scouts. I think AntiGravity Gear may have started out with Tin Man selling stoves with at least some of the proceeds going to his Troop.

          Changing topics: Are you going to the BSA Jamboree next month?

          Rosaleen

          Re: para corc
          Posted by: "Ralph Oborn" Ralph.oborn@... polecatpop
          Date: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 pm ((PDT))

          The adventure continues

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
            No, some of my friends are,

            I don't consider thousands of people on a lawn as camping.

            Ralph

            On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Rosaleen Sullivan <rosaleen43@...>wrote:

            > Good job, Ralph!
            >

            > Hmm-If you keep scoring big bundles, you may be able to go into selling
            > lengths as a fund raiser for your Scouts. I think AntiGravity Gear may have
            > started out with Tin Man selling stoves with at least some of the proceeds
            > going to his Troop.
            >

            > Changing topics: Are you going to the BSA Jamboree next month?
            >

            > Rosaleen
            >

            > Re: para corc
            > Posted by: "Ralph Oborn" Ralph.oborn@... polecatpop
            > Date: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 pm ((PDT))
            >
            > The adventure continues
            >
            > I scored about 600 feet of 5/8 poly strapping (similar to Mule tape)
            >
            > Bull Line WP18 according to the web site it has a tensile strength of
            > 1800 lbs.

          • sawyer7271
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
              That's a very good find. Funny, but I just scored about 500' of the exact same stuff this past weekend... It's not terribly light, but the price is right.

              Since Mule Tape is a brand, this is another equivalent, and it's polyester, so absolutely no stretch.

              This tape is, slippery by design, so make sure your knots are secure. For the kids, this also means no need for tree-huggers.

              I've also sewn welded rings into short straps with a sewn-in-loop on one end for attaching to the hammock. Works well if you adjust the hammock, and tie a slippery 1/2-hitch...

              Nice score!

              John

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

              > The adventure continues
              >
              > I scored about 600 feet of 5/8 poly strapping (similar to Mule tape)
              >
              > Bull Line WP18 according to the web site it has a tensile strength of
              > 1800 lbs.
              >
              > I remembered a neighbor who worked for the phone company.
              >
              > Price was right for scouts free.
              >

              > No more Bungee Hammocks
              >
              > I have contacts with the Poer company and the cable company looking for
              > more. :]
              >
              > Ralph
            • Ralph Oborn
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
                Mine has a conductivity wire running through, that will come out easily I
                hope.

                Ralph

              • Cara Lin Bridgman
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 17, 2010
                  Ralph Oborn wrote:
                  > No more Bungee Hammocks

                  Must be some disappointed scouts out there!

                  CL