lil' hanger

  • egiese01
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2010
      took the 6 yr old out for a quick overnighter at a local state park, she was in her new grand trunk single that was given to her as a gift from grand trunk. i was in my warbonnet blackbird, with whoopies slings, and 6ft of 1 inch webbing and dutch clips for a suspension, boy did we sleep good, not even 2 boy scout troops woke us in the am. weather got down to low 40's she had a down underquilt by warbonnet outdoors and a short ultra 20 golite top quilt and reported getting hot on occassion, i used a full length underquilt by perfect trees "the incubater" he calls it. i also was way warm and had to vent my top quilt. all in all a very good trip and one 6 yr old who now prefers the hammick over a tent!!!
    • EHamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2010
        I had a great time at Trail Days in Damascus, VA! Met Ed and Rosaleen, got my hammock fixed up, and found a lot of people I hadn't seen since last year's AT hike.

        Great to meet you, Ed, sorry I was wearing your competitor's shirt :-)

        Thank you, Rosaleen, for steering me to hammock repair!

        MacGyver

      • Rosaleen Sullivan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 18, 2010
          Hi, MacGuyver-

          I was very happy to meet you, as well. Tom Hennessy was very gracious to take time to repair your hammock, especially when we were so busy all weekend.

          Where was Ed? I took a brief stroll a couple of times, talked to the Jacks and a very few vendors, but totally missed him. He is a lovely man and I would have liked to at least said hello. Did Karen make it, too?

          Regards,

          Rosaleen

          Trail Days
          Posted by: "EHamilton" imagainst_the_wind@... imagainst_the_wind

          Message 4 of 4 , May 18, 2010
            Hmmm, there was a lady there, who didn't introduce herself. Maybe it was my Hennessy shirt....

            Tom was very, very nice to me, definitely.  Actually Ed was also very nice to me despite my shirt -- thanks, Ed! :)

            MacGyver