Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Para cord

  • ratsmouth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 48 , May 10, 2010
      Well, theoretically, if you hang it high enough, eventually it will run
      out of stretch.....so you COULD hang it over the edge of Hoover
      Dam.......but then.....well.....I dunno. Besides, if you use a bungee
      cord, somebody might decide to turn you into a slingshot during their 2
      a.m. trip to answer nature's call....

      ....wait. That could be fun. Don't take any sharp things to bed with
      you and we'll try it out. Hang parallel to a lake if possible.

      Yeah.

      Ratty

      Date: Sun May 9, 2010 9:17 am ((PDT))

      > If a rope stretches and stays stretched, I think its usefullness
      for
      > hammocking is different from if that rope stretches, goes back,
      and
      > stretchs again under weight.

      Correct can't hang a hammock with a bungie cord.

      Rogene

    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 48 of 48 , May 22, 2010
        > If a rope stretches and stays stretched, I think its usefullness for
        > hammocking is different from if that rope stretches, goes back, and
        > stretchs again under weight.

        Correct can't hang a hammock with a bungie cord.

        Rogene

        Trip Report!!!

        My scouts went camping last night.
        6 scouts, 5 dads, 3 leaders, 12 hammocks 1 tent

        I was in my HH the rest of the hammocks were risk test hammocks with sheet
        bend and diagonal blue tarps.

        It rained most of the night!!
        Everybody slept warm and dry!!

        Most of the hammocks were made with poly strapping (one with mule tape) All
        performed flawlessly!

        4 hammocks were made with nylon strapping, the two kids that slept in them
        did fine,
        the two dads that tried to sleep in them had to retie in the middle of the
        night because they (slowly ) hit the ground.

        As the group here predicted I had invented bungee hammocking.
        One inch nylon has to much stretch to be used for an adult hammock.

        Ralph