Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Para cord

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 48 , May 9 10:24 PM
      Could be lots of fun!

      CL

      Ralph Oborn wrote:
      > I'm gonna try
      >
      > Ralph
      >
      > On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@...> wrote:
      >> Correct can't hang a hammock with a bungie cord.
      >
      >>> If a rope stretches and stays stretched, I think its usefullness for
      >>> hammocking is different from if that rope stretches, goes back, and
      >>> stretchs again under weight.
    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 48 of 48 , May 22 11:19 AM
        > If a rope stretches and stays stretched, I think its usefullness for
        > hammocking is different from if that rope stretches, goes back, and
        > stretchs again under weight.

        Correct can't hang a hammock with a bungie cord.

        Rogene

        Trip Report!!!

        My scouts went camping last night.
        6 scouts, 5 dads, 3 leaders, 12 hammocks 1 tent

        I was in my HH the rest of the hammocks were risk test hammocks with sheet
        bend and diagonal blue tarps.

        It rained most of the night!!
        Everybody slept warm and dry!!

        Most of the hammocks were made with poly strapping (one with mule tape) All
        performed flawlessly!

        4 hammocks were made with nylon strapping, the two kids that slept in them
        did fine,
        the two dads that tried to sleep in them had to retie in the middle of the
        night because they (slowly ) hit the ground.

        As the group here predicted I had invented bungee hammocking.
        One inch nylon has to much stretch to be used for an adult hammock.

        Ralph