Re: [Hammock Camping] Hands On

  • John White
    Message 1 of 48 , May 8, 2010
      Lots of people are going.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: EHamilton
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 6:35 PM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Hands On

      OK, I was planning this week-long hike on the AT in MD this week, but instead I'm taking it down to Trail Days in Damascus, VA. I'm gonna get this hammock looked at and figure out what the heck I'm doing. I'll have more fun there anyway.

      Who else is going, anyone?

      MacGyver

    • Ralph Oborn
      Message 48 of 48 , May 22, 2010
        > If a rope stretches and stays stretched, I think its usefullness for
        > hammocking is different from if that rope stretches, goes back, and
        > stretchs again under weight.

        Correct can't hang a hammock with a bungie cord.

        Rogene

        Trip Report!!!

        My scouts went camping last night.
        6 scouts, 5 dads, 3 leaders, 12 hammocks 1 tent

        I was in my HH the rest of the hammocks were risk test hammocks with sheet
        bend and diagonal blue tarps.

        It rained most of the night!!
        Everybody slept warm and dry!!

        Most of the hammocks were made with poly strapping (one with mule tape) All
        performed flawlessly!

        4 hammocks were made with nylon strapping, the two kids that slept in them
        did fine,
        the two dads that tried to sleep in them had to retie in the middle of the
        night because they (slowly ) hit the ground.

        As the group here predicted I had invented bungee hammocking.
        One inch nylon has to much stretch to be used for an adult hammock.

        Ralph