Re: OMG!!!

  • sawyer7271
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2010

      > I think I'm happy! Too bad it's not going to be cold tonight. Around 55*F, I think.
      >
      > Whew!! Here I was about to give it up and now I'm all excited and full of hope again.

      Glad to hear you're happy!

      There are lots of hangers out there, and it's a very helpful community. If you want to see a Hennesy setup right, you might want to ask on hammockforums.net, you might find somebody close to you that can show you their hennesy setup.

      (I don't have one)

      And I'm jealous of your cat-cut tarp! :-)
    • EHamilton
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2010
        I was so comfortable last night, I overslept my alarm watch (which never ever happens, it always wakes me up) and my husband had to call me on my cell phone to get me up in time to go meet up with our son. It rained a little but I stayed nice and dry, much better than in the tent. I used my sleeping bag as a quilt and just tucked the edges under me. Just one little cool spot down the center of my back, and I can fix that by bringing up the undercover a little.

        Thanks for the suggestion to see if there's anyone near me on the forum. Good idea!

        MacGyver

        ________________________________
        > I think I'm happy! Too bad it's not going to be cold tonight. Around 55*F, I think.
        >
        > Whew!! Here I was about to give it up and now I'm all excited and full of hope again.

        Glad to hear you're happy!

        There are lots of hangers out there, and it's a very helpful community. If you want to see a Hennesy setup right, you might want to ask on hammockforums. net, you might find somebody close to you that can show you their hennesy setup.

        (I don't have one)

        And I'm jealous of your cat-cut tarp! :-)

      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2010
          Over sleeping is a common complaint (?) among hangers

          Ralph

          On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM, EHamilton <imagainst_the_wind@...>wrote:

          > I was so comfortable last night, I overslept my alarm watch (which never
          > ever happens, it always wakes me up) and my husband had to call me on my
          > cell phone to get me up in time to go meet up with our son. It rained a
          > little but I stayed nice and dry, much better than in the tent. I used my
          > sleeping bag as a quilt and just tucked the edges under me. Just one little
          > cool spot down the center of my back, and I can fix that by bringing up the
          > undercover a little.
          >
          > Thanks for the suggestion to see if there's anyone near me on the forum.
          > Good idea!
          >
          > MacGyver

        • Kerri Larkin
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2010
            Amen to that!

            Kerri

            ________________________________

          • LoveRise@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 2010
              Greetings Everyone!

              This weekend at the once a month gear sale at REI, I scored a Mountain
              Hardware Lyell -15 down bag with 2lbs of 600 goose down for $39.00. This is a
              $350 sleeping bag so I just had to grab it to use in my Hammock or to try
              to make an underquilt with it. YET the reason it was sooo cheap is even
              though the bag is in almost new condition it smells like dog in some places.
              Which makes me wonder if the dog smell is just on the nylon bag or has
              permeated into the down and how to deal with it.

              So I really need assistance in how to best get that scent out without
              ruining the down in the bag. The directions say not to dry clean and to not use
              liquid detergent.

              So it suggests washing it in a front loading machine and tumble drying on
              gentle in a front loader. I have heard to help keep the loft to add a tennis
              ball or a sneaker to the dryer. Would those things help or hinder the
              process?

              Right now I have it airing out in full sun which I noticed reduced some of
              the scent yesterday when I put it in the sun yet then it seemed like the
              scent was back this morning.

              So any suggestions on treating this great bag with the care it needs so I
              can use it would be greatly appreciated!!

              Until then...Celebrate Life!

              Laurie
              _YouTube - No Mess Trail Baking with Sea to Summit Folding Cup, Pinnacle
              Soloist and Trangia Cookset Part 3_
              (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dPZAoXxxk)

              "Make the journey worthy of the destination"

            • sawyer7271
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                I don't know if I consider that worth complaining about! :-)

              • ratsmouth@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                  In my experience, everybody ELSE complains about it....as in, "Are you
                  EVER going to climb out of that thing????!!!! GET UP!!! GET UP!!!" My
                  friends laughed the first time I put up my Hennessy. They're not
                  laughing anymore. I think they're envious.

                  Ratty