OMG!!!

  • EHamilton
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2010
      Oh. My. Goodness.

      What a difference the caternary cut fly makes. It is SO much easier to pitch tight. I can't believe it.

      I got one of those windshield things and put it on top of the underpad and I can feel heat coming up from it. Wow.

      And learned from you guys not to pull the ridgeline so tight. Now I have, if not head room, at least face room, and am a comfortable distance from the ridge.

      These differences are HUGE.

      I think I'm happy! Too bad it's not going to be cold tonight. Around 55*F, I think.

      Whew!! Here I was about to give it up and now I'm all excited and full of hope again.

      Thank you so much!!
      MacGyver

    • sawyer7271
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2010

        > I think I'm happy! Too bad it's not going to be cold tonight. Around 55*F, I think.
        >
        > Whew!! Here I was about to give it up and now I'm all excited and full of hope again.

        Glad to hear you're happy!

        There are lots of hangers out there, and it's a very helpful community. If you want to see a Hennesy setup right, you might want to ask on hammockforums.net, you might find somebody close to you that can show you their hennesy setup.

        (I don't have one)

        And I'm jealous of your cat-cut tarp! :-)
      • EHamilton
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2010
          I was so comfortable last night, I overslept my alarm watch (which never ever happens, it always wakes me up) and my husband had to call me on my cell phone to get me up in time to go meet up with our son. It rained a little but I stayed nice and dry, much better than in the tent. I used my sleeping bag as a quilt and just tucked the edges under me. Just one little cool spot down the center of my back, and I can fix that by bringing up the undercover a little.

          Thanks for the suggestion to see if there's anyone near me on the forum. Good idea!

          MacGyver

          ________________________________
          > I think I'm happy! Too bad it's not going to be cold tonight. Around 55*F, I think.
          >
          > Whew!! Here I was about to give it up and now I'm all excited and full of hope again.

          Glad to hear you're happy!

          There are lots of hangers out there, and it's a very helpful community. If you want to see a Hennesy setup right, you might want to ask on hammockforums. net, you might find somebody close to you that can show you their hennesy setup.

          (I don't have one)

          And I'm jealous of your cat-cut tarp! :-)

        • Ralph Oborn
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2010
            Over sleeping is a common complaint (?) among hangers

            Ralph

            On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM, EHamilton <imagainst_the_wind@...>wrote:

            > I was so comfortable last night, I overslept my alarm watch (which never
            > ever happens, it always wakes me up) and my husband had to call me on my
            > cell phone to get me up in time to go meet up with our son. It rained a
            > little but I stayed nice and dry, much better than in the tent. I used my
            > sleeping bag as a quilt and just tucked the edges under me. Just one little
            > cool spot down the center of my back, and I can fix that by bringing up the
            > undercover a little.
            >
            > Thanks for the suggestion to see if there's anyone near me on the forum.
            > Good idea!
            >
            > MacGyver

          • Kerri Larkin
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2010
              Amen to that!

              Kerri

              ________________________________

            • LoveRise@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                Greetings Everyone!

                This weekend at the once a month gear sale at REI, I scored a Mountain
                Hardware Lyell -15 down bag with 2lbs of 600 goose down for $39.00. This is a
                $350 sleeping bag so I just had to grab it to use in my Hammock or to try
                to make an underquilt with it. YET the reason it was sooo cheap is even
                though the bag is in almost new condition it smells like dog in some places.
                Which makes me wonder if the dog smell is just on the nylon bag or has
                permeated into the down and how to deal with it.

                So I really need assistance in how to best get that scent out without
                ruining the down in the bag. The directions say not to dry clean and to not use
                liquid detergent.

                So it suggests washing it in a front loading machine and tumble drying on
                gentle in a front loader. I have heard to help keep the loft to add a tennis
                ball or a sneaker to the dryer. Would those things help or hinder the
                process?

                Right now I have it airing out in full sun which I noticed reduced some of
                the scent yesterday when I put it in the sun yet then it seemed like the
                scent was back this morning.

                So any suggestions on treating this great bag with the care it needs so I
                can use it would be greatly appreciated!!

                Until then...Celebrate Life!

                Laurie
                _YouTube - No Mess Trail Baking with Sea to Summit Folding Cup, Pinnacle
                Soloist and Trangia Cookset Part 3_
                (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-dPZAoXxxk)

                "Make the journey worthy of the destination"

              • sawyer7271
                Message 7 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                  I don't know if I consider that worth complaining about! :-)

                • ratsmouth@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                    In my experience, everybody ELSE complains about it....as in, "Are you
                    EVER going to climb out of that thing????!!!! GET UP!!! GET UP!!!" My
                    friends laughed the first time I put up my Hennessy. They're not
                    laughing anymore. I think they're envious.

                    Ratty