Re: Trail Baking without an oven using the Sea to Summit Folding Cup

  • LoveRise@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2010
      "Well, when I go kayak camping, I splurge and drag along a very small
      Dutch oven! As long as I don't have to portage much, that thing always
      goes with me. I've also "baked" by steaming, in a pinch.

      Ratty"

      Thanks for watching Ratty! The dutch oven certainly sounds like a fun and
      practical item to take along when you have the space!

      I just found out that a website that I really respect called Backpacking
      lite just posted the series on their forum which really thrilled me!

      It can be found here:

      _bpLite • View topic - No Mess Trail Baking by
      LoveRise#p29441#p29441#p29441_ (http://www.bplite.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4482&p=29441#p29441)

      Celebrate Life!

      Laurie (http://www.youtube.com/user/LoveRise) _YouTube - Hiking Castle
      Rock_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dvNx4LqzY)

      "Make the journey worthy of the destination"

    • LoveRise@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2010
        Thanks for checking out my video series on No Mess Trail Baking Rogene! I
        have used your method for baking on the trail and it is easy and I'm glad
        you reminded everyone to add water if they are using a pan with a coating on
        it. The pinnacle soloist pan I used in the videos is also coated so I
        cannot dry bake in it without ruining it. I would like to experiment with the
        sea to summit x-mug with the method you shared with us here.

        Celebrate Life!

        Laurie (http://www.youtube.com/user/LoveRise) _YouTube - Hiking Castle
        Rock_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dvNx4LqzY)

        "Make the journey worthy of the destination"

        The simplest camp baker I've found is to take some dry rocks of the ground
        (not rocks with moisture inside of then) inside the bottom of your cook pot

        and place your muffin tin. metal cup or heat resistant silicone muffin pan
        inside the pot and bake. You might need to add a bit of water if you cook
        pot is non stick coated.
        Rogene