Re: [Hammock Camping] Trail Baking without an oven using the Sea to Summit Folding Cup and Trangia

  • ratsmouth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2010
      Well, when I go kayak camping, I splurge and drag along a very small
      Dutch oven! As long as I don't have to portage much, that thing always
      goes with me. I've also "baked" by steaming, in a pinch.

      Ratty

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2010
        The simplest camp baker I've found is to take some dry rocks of the ground
        (not rocks with moisture inside of then) inside the bottom of your cook pot
        and place your muffin tin. metal cup or heat resistant silicone muffin pan
        inside the pot and bake. You might need to add a bit of water if you cook
        pot is non stick coated.
        Rogene