Re: [Hammock Camping] Back with questions

  • EHamilton
    Message 1 of 88 , Apr 20, 2010
      I was thinking about an eggcrate mattress-topper pad from Wal-Mart, cut to fit. I'm short on funds. Got a great deal on the hammock and am now feeling crappy b/c I'm not sure I like it.

      I will take a "zero day" from messing with it and then start again.

      MacGyver

      ________________________________
      From: Jerry Goller <jerrygoller@...>

      That is the same issue I ran into with all the hammocks I tried in cooler
      weather. I could make a rig that kept me warm but it was way too heavy. My
      final solution was a double bottomed Hennessy and a NeoAir pad. I got the
      25" wide pad then taped two 10" x 20" NeoAir pillows they gave away at the
      show one year. I'm trying to talk Therm-a-Rest into packaging the same set
      up and market it to hammockers.

      Jerry
      http://www.backpack geartest. org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
      reviews on the planet.

      Message 88 of 88 , May 27, 2010
        MacGyver,
        Great sounds wonderful that Tom was able to fix you up!
        Sorry I missed seeing you at Trail Days this year.
        Rogene