RE: [Hammock Camping] Back with questions

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 88 , Apr 20 2:51 PM
      My favorite tarp setup ended up being a 10'x12' sylnylon tarp. I pitch it in
      an Adirondacks configuration with the 10' along the hammock and the 12' side
      in a 3' pitch on one side and a 9' pitch on the other. Using the hammock as
      a chair gives my plenty of protected eating and lounging space with good
      headroom yet the rig gives me outstanding wind/rain protection. It is the
      best wet weather rig I've ever tried. The pads stay in the hammock and I
      kinda taco the hammock around the line and use Velcro straps to secure it
      like SnakeSkins would.

      Jerry

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
      reviews on the planet.

      Message 88 of 88 , May 27, 2010
        MacGyver,
        Great sounds wonderful that Tom was able to fix you up!
        Sorry I missed seeing you at Trail Days this year.
        Rogene