Re: [Hammock Camping] Back with questions

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 88 , Apr 20, 2010
      It seems like with all these extra underquilts etc. we're packing a lot of
      weight here? One reason I wanted to go to a hammock was to go lighter. The
      open-cell foam pad that came with the set-up, though, doesn't insulate very
      well.

      @@@
      You are probably cold on your knees and butt. Above the pad but where the
      hammock compresses your bag.

      Cut a couple of one foot square pad piecies and put them at your knee and
      butt. You will be warmer. Before going to bed they work as seatwarmers while
      sitting on rocks etc.

      Ralph

    • Rogene Calkins
      Message 88 of 88 , May 27, 2010
        MacGyver,
        Great sounds wonderful that Tom was able to fix you up!
        Sorry I missed seeing you at Trail Days this year.
        Rogene