Re: Hammock hiker, "K1" book, "Three Hundred Zeroes" now available.

  • Sandy
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2010
      Ordered!! I've read 10 million steps and a slew of other AT hiking books. Armchair hiker par excellence!!

      sandy in miami

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <k1ypp@...> wrote:

      > Even though I have been a member for years, I don’t post very
      > often on this group, but I have to admit it has been a vast source of
      > useful information for me. It directly influenced my choice of using a
      > Hennessy Hammock on my hike of the A.T. I just released a book about
      > that hike and the hammock figures prominently in the story.
      >
      > The title is THREE HUNDRED ZEROES. I believe this 328-page book, with 39
      > photographs, tells a humorous adventure story that captures what it is
      > like to hike that trail for six months with a hammock. The hike was the
      > completion of a dream that started in the sixties with my younger
      > brother, Tom and was fulfilled with the encouragement of my family and
      > friends.
      >
      > For more information about the book, check out the website:
      > ThreeHundredZeroes.com <http://ThreeHundredZeroes.com> ormy blog at
      > blog.threehundredzeroes.com <http://blog.threehundredzeroes.com>
      > .Please do visit the sites; I’d love to have you leave a comment
      > on the blog.
      >
      > The book site does have an email address
      > of:dennis@... <mailto:dennis@...>
      > and that can be used for correspondence as well.
      >
      > The book can be ordered directly at this secure publisherswebsite:
      >
      > https://www.createspace.com/3428889
      > <https://www.createspace.com/3428889>
      >
      > If you prefer to use an Amazon.com
      > <http://www.amazon.com/Three-Hundred-Zeroes-Lessons-Appalachian/dp/14505\
      > 57465/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267027906&sr=1-1> account, it
      > can be ordered there as well.
      >
      > If you do read the book, I would enjoy hearing your comments.I really do
      > want to know if you enjoyed the book or found it useful. You might
      > consider sharing your thoughts with other readers on the blog.
      >
      > Dennis “K1” Blanchard
      >
      > A.T. ’07-‘08

    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 20, 2010
        Sandy in Miami:

        You made me chuckle. I have this vision of "Armchair Hikers" earning badges and getting certificates for reading about hiking X number of miles. Just don't start cooking your evening meals on camp stoves in front of the TV :>) I couldn't help myself...

        Dennis, "K1" Blanchard

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy" <sandykayak@...> wrote:

        > Ordered!! I've read 10 million steps and a slew of other AT hiking books. Armchair hiker par excellence!!
        >
        > sandy in miami

      • Sandy
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 21, 2010
          that's it....I read the ones about senior citizens on the trail :)

          and have a bunch of DVD's. LOVE the Gossamer Gear one called (I think) Lighten UP. It's only $5.

          Lynn whelden's videos are pretty cool:

          Amazing Grace is simply amazing...Bill Irwin and his guide dog did the AT. That is humbling to watch.

          http://www.lwgear.com/

          hmmm Doc on the 'Sock is only $20. only 48 minutes, tho.

          For those of you planning thru-hikes check Lynn's DVDs.

          I have this "thing" about the AT. Goal is a modest 3-day easy hike. I joined Trail Dames and I really hope I can go with them some day. A bit awkward cos I live in Miami and am still working. Gotta whittle down that bucket list. :)

          sandy