Back to hammocking...

  • luckyhat12
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2010
      What are the recommended stitches for the rip-stop materials on a sewing machine? Also the stitching for nylon/poly webbing. Spacing would be a nice extra piece of information.

      My Mom has an extra sewing machine now so I may be in the borrowing mood. I have researched all kinds of hammocks and am more interested in making modifications and stitching webbing correctly at this point before I make my own hammock.

      I'm really gearing toward an ENO hammock system with all of the separate pieces instead of an all in one like a hennessy. I have been hammock camping for the last few years in a Byer Parachute hammock and haven't had problems with it except the bugs. I have used a cheap tarp and just replaced when necessary and end up using the tarp on something at my farm when I'm done camping with it.

      The funniest thing I have done to date is setup a hanger so that I could hang the hammock over the bed of my truck using the receiver hitch and the headache rack. I have to get some more welding done to it but it is a pretty funny addition to my options.

      I really appreciate the objectiveness of this group and am glad I stumbled upon it. Great job everyone.

      Chris