Dog Hammock

  • Aaron Fletcher
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2010
      Put it under you, he's got alotta heat even at 10 lbs!

      Sent from my iPod
    • Tim Naylor
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2010
        Perry,
        you might try something like this:
        http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearPackCoverGearHammock.html. Great
        multi-tasking item that would be plenty large for a tiny pup like that.
        --Tim

        --
        Regards,Tim Naylor

      • PERRY
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2010
          Thanks for the advice. I haven't tried anything yet but as it turns out I came across a small zippered duffel bag that I may be able to convert into a small hammock for Winston. My main concern and reason for wanting a hammock for him is my fear of rolling over on him. Its just a fear.
          As I stated I haven't tried anything yet. Winston is somewhat of a Velcro dog and sleeps in bed with me now.
          Thanks again for the help
          Perry & Winston
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Fletcher <spreadthelove777@...> wrote:

          > Put it under you, he's got alotta heat even at 10 lbs!
          >
          > Sent from my iPod

        • Cara Lin Bridgman
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 23, 2010
            I sleep every night in a hammock at home. Every night, my cat sleeps on
            my bladder (on is not as bad a problem as the pre-sleep kneed). I've
            yet to come close to rolling over on her. She is always on top. Having
            her directly on me in an open hammock has its advantages. She jumps off
            as soon as I start making the 'getting out of the hammock motions.'
            Once I get settled back into the hammock, she stands up weasel-like to
            check I'm settled and then jumps back in. I imagine you'll have to lift
            your dog out and lift him back in.

            CL

            PERRY wrote:
            > Thanks for the advice. I haven't tried anything yet but as it turns out I came across a small zippered duffel bag that I may be able to convert into a small hammock for Winston. My main concern and reason for wanting a hammock for him is my fear of rolling over on him. Its just a fear.
            > As I stated I haven't tried anything yet. Winston is somewhat of a Velcro dog and sleeps in bed with me now.
            > Thanks again for the help
            > Perry & Winston
          • Sandy
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 29, 2010
              I saw the cutest photograph of a DIY insulated dog hammock hanging under the master hammock...on hammocks forum. Looked like a black lab in thered.

              can't remember which section it was in....i was scrolling around the less used hamocks.

              not sure if you can search for photos.

              sandy in miami

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "PERRY" <churchillperry@...> wrote:

              > I was thinking of making a hammock for my dog to hang inside my hammock when we are camping. He's 10# and aprox 18" long. Anyone have any ideas?
              > Perry

            • Sandy
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 29, 2010
                THAT WAS IT!!! Thanks Dave.