Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Anybody made their own?

  • Arye P. R.
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 17, 2010
      stretch depends upon the weave, and how it is loaded. Most all fabric will stretch more on the bias (diagonal). Polyester thread and rope have less than nylon but again the amount of stretch depends upon the weave, load and native strength of the material/line. I recentlyreceived some 5.5 oz Dacron polyester sailcloth and was very surprised at the stretch on the bias when unloaded end to end.

      SapereAude,

      Arye P. Rubenstein