Recall

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
      http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09347.html

      NEWS from CPSC U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
      Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207
      ------------------------------

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      September 23, 2009
      Release # 09-347 *Firm's Recall Hotline: (877) 365-2965*
      CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
      CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908 Grand Trunk Recalls Parachute Hammocks
      Due to Fall Hazard

      WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in
      cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of
      the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled
      products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

      *Name of Product: *Single and Double �Parachute� Hammocks

      *Units: *About 2,500

      *Manufacturer: *Travel Hammock Inc., dba Grand Trunk, of Skokie, Ill.

      *Hazard: *The hammock�s supporting hooks can fail, causing occupants to fall
      and suffer injuries.

      *Incidents/Injuries: *The firm has received nine incidents of hooks failing,
      resulting in bumps, bruises and/or scrapes.

      and packaged in a nylon sack. The Grand Trunk logo is printed on the sack.
      The following models and colors are included in the recall: SH-01 (Single
      Olive/Khaki), SH-02 (Single Blue/Navy Blue), SH-06 (Single Royal/Khaki),
      DH-01 (Double Olive/Khaki), DH-02 (Double Lt. Blue/Yellow), DH-03(Double
      Navy/Silver), DH-04 (Double Navy/Red). The model number can be located on
      the product�s hang tag.

      *Sold at: *Specialty outdoor retailers nationwide from July 2008 through
      June 2009 for between $50 and $60.

      *Manufactured in: *Indonesia

      *Remedy: *Consumer should stop using the recalled hammocks immediately and
      contact the firm for a free repair kit.

      *Consumer Contact: *For additional information, contact Grand Trunk
      toll-free at (877) 365-2965 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through
      Friday or visit the firm�s Web site at www.grandtrunkgoods.com

    • Harold Steele, Jr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
        Let's see 2500 sold 9 incidents of hooks failing. Not much to be
        concerned over. Especially since no serious injuries.

        If you own one get your own hooks and after replacing them use the
        hammock.

        No big deal.

        Sent from my iPhone

      • bocaref@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
          I am sure that all the unreported failures were resolved in this way.
          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          Let's see 2500 sold 9 incidents of hooks failing. Not much to be
          concerned over. Especially since no serious injuries.

          If you own one get your own hooks and after replacing them use the
          hammock.

          No big deal.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jan 12, 2010, at 14:16, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

          > http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09347.html
          >

          > NEWS from CPSC U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
          > Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207
          > ------------------------------
          >
          > FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
          > September 23, 2009
          > Release # 09-347 *Firm's Recall Hotline: (877) 365-2965*
          > CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
          > CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908 Grand Trunk Recalls Parachute
          > Hammocks
          > Due to Fall Hazard
          >
          > WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in
          > cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary
          > recall of
          > the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled
          > products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
          >
          > *Name of Product: *Single and Double “Parachute” Hammocks
          >
          > *Units: *About 2,500
          >
          > *Manufacturer: *Travel Hammock Inc., dba Grand Trunk, of Skokie, Ill.
          >
          > *Hazard: *The hammock’s supporting hooks can fail, causing occupants
          > to fall
          > and suffer injuries.
          >
          > *Incidents/Injuries: *The firm has received nine incidents of hooks
          > failing,
          > resulting in bumps, bruises and/or scrapes.

          > versions
          > and packaged in a nylon sack. The Grand Trunk logo is printed on the
          > sack.
          > The following models and colors are included in the recall: SH-01
          > (Single
          > Olive/Khaki), SH-02 (Single Blue/Navy Blue), SH-06 (Single Royal/
          > Khaki),
          > DH-01 (Double Olive/Khaki), DH-02 (Double Lt. Blue/Yellow), DH-03
          > (Double
          > Navy/Silver), DH-04 (Double Navy/Red). The model number can be
          > located on
          > the product’s hang tag.
          >
          > *Sold at: *Specialty outdoor retailers nationwide from July 2008
          > through
          > June 2009 for between $50 and $60.
          >
          > *Manufactured in: *Indonesia
          >
          > *Remedy: *Consumer should stop using the recalled hammocks
          > immediately and
          > contact the firm for a free repair kit.
          >
          > *Consumer Contact: *For additional information, contact Grand Trunk
          > toll-free at (877) 365-2965 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday
          > through
          > Friday or visit the firm’s Web site at www.grandtrunkgoods.com

        • Arye P. R.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2010
            not suprised 9 in 2500 since most were most likley sold to less than serious users (once / twice a summer) Im not worried.... Ill bet we will never hear about when the fabric tears after the thing stays out in the sun & wether for a year.

            Sapere Aude,

            Arye P. Rubenstein