Re: [Hammock Camping] Lawson

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
    • Jim Priest
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
        I can't imagine any of the hammocks with bug nets couldn't be rigged
        up as bivys in an emergency. I have a SBPro and I'm sure i could rig
        it up on the ground if I had to... Just stake it and suspend the bug
        net.

        Jim

        On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:39 PM, churchillperry <churchillperry@...> wrote:
        > Considering the Lawson Blue Ridge. I've read what little I could find on here about it but was looking for more input. Just got back into backpacking and saw a hammock tent on my last outing. Currently I'm using a 2-man dome tent and blow up air mattress weighing in at about 10# for both. Can't sleep on the thin ensolite pads anymore! A hammock sounds like the answer.
        > My reasoning for the Lawson is I live If in Southern California and plan on doing some desert trips in the winter months and there are no trees to hang a hammock. The Lawson claims it can be used as a bivy tent.
        > To help with comments, I'm 68yo, 5'-11", 185#, Use an external frame pack, and carry 25 to 35# for 2and 3 day trips. Some times take my dog (yorkie).
        > Any advice would be helpful.
        > Thanks
        > Perry Churchill

        Jim Priest - thecrumb.com
        Triangle Area ColdFusion User Group - tacfug.org
        --
        Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~ Frank Zappa
      • Red Roach
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
          With hiking poles I can rig any of my HH on the ground. Of course now
          I would probably just put up my Jacks R Better Tarp/fly instead and
          use it to keep the elements off of me unless I needed the bugnet to
          keep the bugs off

          TV