Re: [Hammock Camping] Lawson

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
      I have used a Lawson Blueridge hammock.
      It is very much a hanging tent vs being a true hammock to me.

      Any questions in particular that you have?

      TV
    • Thomas Vickers
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
      • Jim Priest
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
          I can't imagine any of the hammocks with bug nets couldn't be rigged
          up as bivys in an emergency. I have a SBPro and I'm sure i could rig
          it up on the ground if I had to... Just stake it and suspend the bug
          net.

          Jim

          On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:39 PM, churchillperry <churchillperry@...> wrote:
          > Considering the Lawson Blue Ridge. I've read what little I could find on here about it but was looking for more input. Just got back into backpacking and saw a hammock tent on my last outing. Currently I'm using a 2-man dome tent and blow up air mattress weighing in at about 10# for both. Can't sleep on the thin ensolite pads anymore! A hammock sounds like the answer.
          > My reasoning for the Lawson is I live If in Southern California and plan on doing some desert trips in the winter months and there are no trees to hang a hammock. The Lawson claims it can be used as a bivy tent.
          > To help with comments, I'm 68yo, 5'-11", 185#, Use an external frame pack, and carry 25 to 35# for 2and 3 day trips. Some times take my dog (yorkie).
          > Any advice would be helpful.
          > Thanks
          > Perry Churchill

          Jim Priest - thecrumb.com
          Triangle Area ColdFusion User Group - tacfug.org
          --
          Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~ Frank Zappa
        • Red Roach
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2009
            With hiking poles I can rig any of my HH on the ground. Of course now
            I would probably just put up my Jacks R Better Tarp/fly instead and
            use it to keep the elements off of me unless I needed the bugnet to
            keep the bugs off

            TV