Re: [Hammock Camping] Question about double layer hammocks

  • John White
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2009
      I have a mosquito hammock (from Claytor) that has a dbl layer and my thermorest self inflating pad stays put very nicely.

      John from S. Florida

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2009
        I made the double layer hammock (zhammock?) on www.imrisk.com. It's
        awesome. It was cheap to make and it holds the pads right where you put them
        so you don't have to fight with them inside your hammock. And if you put
        enough of them, you'll stay pretty warm. ;o)

        Doug C.

        On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@...> wrote:

        > I have been using an HH assymetric hammock without a net very happily in
        > summer but in cool weather the shifting of the foam pads is an irritant.
        >
        > Even without having to use the bottom hatch and then get on top of the pads
        > and sleeping bag the pads still shift.
        >
        > I am considering ordering a Claytor Nonet hammock for winter use because it
        > is a double layer style and that would seem to pin the pad(s) in
        > place???????
        >
        > Has anyone got imput about how well this works on the Nonet or other double
        > layer hammocks such as the DD?
        >
        > Any input from users of the Nonet would be appreciated.
        >
        > The Claytor website says the Nonet is 1 lb. or .5 kg------but, these are
        > not quite equivalent.

      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 20, 2009
          I use a jacks r better Mt Washington under quilt and I am more than happy
          I sleep as snug as a bug in a rug

          TV