RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Advice on hanging Snugpak underquilt

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 16, 2009
      Notice how much the straps stretch when he sets in it....

      Jerry

      reviews and tests on the planet.

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 20, 2009
        Stretching straps..... Scissors ;-)

        Sorry for not being able to come up with some pics.

        At the price of the DD / Snugpack underquilt I couldn't resist trying one
        out. So far so good.

        Nice and toastie, fiber fill (no down), but indeed too many straps, bungees
        etc. so I had to modify it to the simplicity of a JRB underquilt.... So
        Sam, it's relatively easy to modify and save your hammocking future ;-)
        Grtz Johan
        On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Jerry Goller <
        jerrygoller@...> wrote:

        > Notice how much the straps stretch when he sets in it....
        >
        > Jerry
        >
        > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/> : the
        > most comprehensive interactive gear
        > reviews and tests on the planet.

        mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63
        email: gonewalkabout2003@...

        http://www.geocities.com/johanvandijk
        http://calendar.yahoo.com/johanvandijk

      • sjedwardson
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 20, 2009
          Thanks for the reply, what mods did you make to the underblanket? never heard of the JRB (will have to google it).

          Cheers

          Sam

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Johan van Dijk <gonewalkabout2003@...> wrote:

          > Stretching straps..... Scissors ;-)
          >
          > Sorry for not being able to come up with some pics.
          >
          > At the price of the DD / Snugpack underquilt I couldn't resist trying one
          > out. So far so good.
          >
          > Nice and toastie, fiber fill (no down), but indeed too many straps, bungees
          > etc. so I had to modify it to the simplicity of a JRB underquilt.... So
          > Sam, it's relatively easy to modify and save your hammocking future ;-)
          > Grtz Johan
          > On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Jerry Goller <

        • Thomas Vickers
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 20, 2009
          • sjedwardson
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 20, 2009
              hmmmm hammock slightly different to the DD but i can see how tying the elastic just to the end of the hammock would do the trick. Cant help but wonder if cord instead of elastic would have been better. Or am i missing something?

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Vickers <redroach@...> wrote:

              > http://www.jacksrbetter.com/

            • Tom Frazier
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 20, 2009
                I got the JRB (Jack's R Better) "Hammock Hut" and, though expensive, it's fantastic! Helps keep me warmer in winter by completely preventing the wind from sapping my built up heat plus, the best part, it can be set up for complete privacy, something not possible with any other tarp that I'm aware of. There was one feller who even did a Hammock Hut mod. so he could have a lightweight foldable stove (like the kind sold by Titanium Goat and Kifaru), complete with smoke stack! JRB has some good products in good colors (I've always hated the bright oranges and yellows of typical market camping gear)!

                Tom