Re: [Hammock Camping] pad and insulation

  • Horace
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
      I found the thinner mats buckled and creased too easily in a hammock?

      Nigel

      Sent from my iPhone!

    • Sandy
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
        nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and availability, pl post

        sandy in miami

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...> wrote:

        > Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
        >
        > For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be worth looking at.
        > The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark. Worth a look.
        > Rogene
        >
        > http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

      • Rogene Calkins
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
          You need to look over the sight as they do mention
          no seeum netting ? as an add on.

          Rogene

          > nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and
          > availability, pl post
          >
          > sandy in miami
          >
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...>
          > wrote:
          >>

          >> Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
          >>
          >> For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be
          >> worth looking at.
          >> The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark.
          >> Worth a look.
          >> Rogene
          >>
          >> http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

        • gumby zenkayaker
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
            HI CHRIS !!!! no I haven't.what I use is "mini-cell foam" 1 1/2" padding,cut
            from a sheet[4x8']that I got at a foam store[hear in burlington nc].I use
            the stuff for kayak bulkheads,seats&thigh braces.the stuff is "dense",but
            lite.I hope this will both help and save ya money!!!! later gumby/zenkayaker
            enjoy your days&remember your nites, move or die ,the only
            easyday,was,yesterday