Re: [Hammock Camping] pad and insulation

  • Chris Lutz
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
      Has anyone used a yoga mat for under pad insulation instead of normal camping pad (CCF).  It would seem to be pretty dense, but light and not take up a lot of room.  There's not too much thickness for insulation, but the density could be a plus.  Just wondering if anyone has tried it.  Thinking about it this weekend in N. VA.

      Chris Lutz
      Sign up for online personal training
      www.spartafitnesstraining.com

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
        I found the thinner mats buckled and creased too easily in a hammock?

        Nigel

        Sent from my iPhone!

      • Sandy
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
          nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and availability, pl post

          sandy in miami

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...> wrote:

          > Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
          >
          > For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be worth looking at.
          > The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark. Worth a look.
          > Rogene
          >
          > http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

        • Rogene Calkins
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
            You need to look over the sight as they do mention
            no seeum netting ? as an add on.

            Rogene

            > nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and
            > availability, pl post
            >
            > sandy in miami
            >
            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...>
            > wrote:
            >>

            >> Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
            >>
            >> For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be
            >> worth looking at.
            >> The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark.
            >> Worth a look.
            >> Rogene
            >>
            >> http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

          • gumby zenkayaker
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
              HI CHRIS !!!! no I haven't.what I use is "mini-cell foam" 1 1/2" padding,cut
              from a sheet[4x8']that I got at a foam store[hear in burlington nc].I use
              the stuff for kayak bulkheads,seats&thigh braces.the stuff is "dense",but
              lite.I hope this will both help and save ya money!!!! later gumby/zenkayaker
              enjoy your days&remember your nites, move or die ,the only
              easyday,was,yesterday