Re: [Hammock Camping] Nordic hammock tent

  • Carey Parks
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
      I've managed to rig something up with my Hennessy the couple times I've had
      to pitch it on the ground just using what I found at the time. Once you get
      used to using the hammock, you don't need as "pristine" a location as I
      thought when just starting out. Just so long as there's someplace to tie the
      ends.

      On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@...> wrote:

      > I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
      > so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
      > system of hanging
      > since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
      > hammocks and tents.
      >
      > Rogene
      > .

    • Chris Lutz
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
        Has anyone used a yoga mat for under pad insulation instead of normal camping pad (CCF).  It would seem to be pretty dense, but light and not take up a lot of room.  There's not too much thickness for insulation, but the density could be a plus.  Just wondering if anyone has tried it.  Thinking about it this weekend in N. VA.

        Chris Lutz
        Sign up for online personal training
        www.spartafitnesstraining.com

        ________________________________

        On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@charter. net> wrote:

        > I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
        > so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
        > system of hanging
        > since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
        > hammocks and tents.
        >
        > Rogene
        > .

      • Horace
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
          I found the thinner mats buckled and creased too easily in a hammock?

          Nigel

          Sent from my iPhone!

        • Sandy
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
            nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and availability, pl post

            sandy in miami

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...> wrote:

            > Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
            >
            > For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be worth looking at.
            > The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark. Worth a look.
            > Rogene
            >
            > http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

          • Rogene Calkins
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
              You need to look over the sight as they do mention
              no seeum netting ? as an add on.

              Rogene

              > nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and
              > availability, pl post
              >
              > sandy in miami
              >
              > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...>
              > wrote:
              >>

              >> Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
              >>
              >> For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be
              >> worth looking at.
              >> The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark.
              >> Worth a look.
              >> Rogene
              >>
              >> http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

            • gumby zenkayaker
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                HI CHRIS !!!! no I haven't.what I use is "mini-cell foam" 1 1/2" padding,cut
                from a sheet[4x8']that I got at a foam store[hear in burlington nc].I use
                the stuff for kayak bulkheads,seats&thigh braces.the stuff is "dense",but
                lite.I hope this will both help and save ya money!!!! later gumby/zenkayaker
                enjoy your days&remember your nites, move or die ,the only
                easyday,was,yesterday