Re: [Hammock Camping] Nordic hammock tent

  • Rogene Calkins
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
      Oh and BTW I like the idea of the two triangle shaped storage spots.
      Sounds interting to me but a bit teh whole hamock seams heavy.

      Rogene

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
        I've managed to rig something up with my Hennessy the couple times I've had
        to pitch it on the ground just using what I found at the time. Once you get
        used to using the hammock, you don't need as "pristine" a location as I
        thought when just starting out. Just so long as there's someplace to tie the
        ends.

        On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@...> wrote:

        > I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
        > so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
        > system of hanging
        > since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
        > hammocks and tents.
        >
        > Rogene
        > .

      • Chris Lutz
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
          Has anyone used a yoga mat for under pad insulation instead of normal camping pad (CCF).  It would seem to be pretty dense, but light and not take up a lot of room.  There's not too much thickness for insulation, but the density could be a plus.  Just wondering if anyone has tried it.  Thinking about it this weekend in N. VA.

          Chris Lutz
          Sign up for online personal training
          www.spartafitnesstraining.com

          ________________________________

          On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@charter. net> wrote:

          > I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
          > so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
          > system of hanging
          > since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
          > hammocks and tents.
          >
          > Rogene
          > .

        • Horace
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
            I found the thinner mats buckled and creased too easily in a hammock?

            Nigel

            Sent from my iPhone!

          • Sandy
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
              nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and availability, pl post

              sandy in miami

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                You need to look over the sight as they do mention
                no seeum netting ? as an add on.

                Rogene

                > nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and
                > availability, pl post
                >
                > sandy in miami
                >
                > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...>
                > wrote:
                >>

                >> Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
                >>
                >> For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be
                >> worth looking at.
                >> The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark.
                >> Worth a look.
                >> Rogene
                >>
                >> http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

              • gumby zenkayaker
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                  HI CHRIS !!!! no I haven't.what I use is "mini-cell foam" 1 1/2" padding,cut
                  from a sheet[4x8']that I got at a foam store[hear in burlington nc].I use
                  the stuff for kayak bulkheads,seats&thigh braces.the stuff is "dense",but
                  lite.I hope this will both help and save ya money!!!! later gumby/zenkayaker
                  enjoy your days&remember your nites, move or die ,the only
                  easyday,was,yesterday