Re: [Hammock Camping] Nordic hammock tent

  • Rogene Calkins
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
      I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
      so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
      system of hanging
      since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
      hammocks and tents.

      Rogene
      .

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
        Oh and BTW I like the idea of the two triangle shaped storage spots.
        Sounds interting to me but a bit teh whole hamock seams heavy.

        Rogene

        > Looks interesting! Let me know how you like it when you get it.
        > Carey
        >
        > On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@...>
        > wrote:
        >

        >> Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
        >>
        >> For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be
        >> worth looking at.
        >> The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark.
        >> Worth a look.
        >> Rogene
        >>
        >> http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

      • Carey Parks
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
          I've managed to rig something up with my Hennessy the couple times I've had
          to pitch it on the ground just using what I found at the time. Once you get
          used to using the hammock, you don't need as "pristine" a location as I
          thought when just starting out. Just so long as there's someplace to tie the
          ends.

          On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@...> wrote:

          > I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
          > so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
          > system of hanging
          > since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
          > hammocks and tents.
          >
          > Rogene
          > .

        • Chris Lutz
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
            Has anyone used a yoga mat for under pad insulation instead of normal camping pad (CCF).  It would seem to be pretty dense, but light and not take up a lot of room.  There's not too much thickness for insulation, but the density could be a plus.  Just wondering if anyone has tried it.  Thinking about it this weekend in N. VA.

            Chris Lutz
            Sign up for online personal training
            www.spartafitnesstraining.com

            ________________________________

            On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@charter. net> wrote:

            > I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
            > so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
            > system of hanging
            > since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
            > hammocks and tents.
            >
            > Rogene
            > .

          • Horace
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
              I found the thinner mats buckled and creased too easily in a hammock?

              Nigel

              Sent from my iPhone!

            • Sandy
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and availability, pl post

                sandy in miami

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                  You need to look over the sight as they do mention
                  no seeum netting ? as an add on.

                  Rogene

                  > nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and
                  > availability, pl post
                  >
                  > sandy in miami
                  >
                  > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >>

                  >> Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
                  >>
                  >> For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be
                  >> worth looking at.
                  >> The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark.
                  >> Worth a look.
                  >> Rogene
                  >>
                  >> http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

                • gumby zenkayaker
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                    HI CHRIS !!!! no I haven't.what I use is "mini-cell foam" 1 1/2" padding,cut
                    from a sheet[4x8']that I got at a foam store[hear in burlington nc].I use
                    the stuff for kayak bulkheads,seats&thigh braces.the stuff is "dense",but
                    lite.I hope this will both help and save ya money!!!! later gumby/zenkayaker
                    enjoy your days&remember your nites, move or die ,the only
                    easyday,was,yesterday