Nordic hammock tent

  • Rogene Calkins
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
      Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.

      For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be worth looking at.
      The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark. Worth a look.
      Rogene

      http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

    • Carey Parks
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
        Looks interesting! Let me know how you like it when you get it.
        Carey

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
          I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
          so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
          system of hanging
          since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
          hammocks and tents.

          Rogene
          .

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
            Oh and BTW I like the idea of the two triangle shaped storage spots.
            Sounds interting to me but a bit teh whole hamock seams heavy.

            Rogene

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 5, 2009
              I've managed to rig something up with my Hennessy the couple times I've had
              to pitch it on the ground just using what I found at the time. Once you get
              used to using the hammock, you don't need as "pristine" a location as I
              thought when just starting out. Just so long as there's someplace to tie the
              ends.

              On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@...> wrote:

              > I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
              > so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
              > system of hanging
              > since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
              > hammocks and tents.
              >
              > Rogene
              > .

            • Chris Lutz
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                Has anyone used a yoga mat for under pad insulation instead of normal camping pad (CCF).  It would seem to be pretty dense, but light and not take up a lot of room.  There's not too much thickness for insulation, but the density could be a plus.  Just wondering if anyone has tried it.  Thinking about it this weekend in N. VA.

                Chris Lutz
                Sign up for online personal training
                www.spartafitnesstraining.com

                ________________________________

                On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rogene Calkins <ccwayah@charter. net> wrote:

                > I have a hennesy way before I came acorss this tonight
                > so pretty set in my ways but thought somone might like to investiage this
                > system of hanging
                > since some of the Kayak hangers and dessert folks ahve been asking about
                > hammocks and tents.
                >
                > Rogene
                > .

              • Horace
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                  I found the thinner mats buckled and creased too easily in a hammock?

                  Nigel

                  Sent from my iPhone!

                • Sandy
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                    nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and availability, pl post

                    sandy in miami

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                      You need to look over the sight as they do mention
                      no seeum netting ? as an add on.

                      Rogene

                      > nice...but don't see any no see 'um netting...if anyone finds price and
                      > availability, pl post
                      >
                      > sandy in miami
                      >
                      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rogene Calkins" <ccwayah@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >>

                      >> Kayank users and hammock hikers in the treeless dessert.
                      >>
                      >> For those that want/need a pitchable tent and a hammock this one might be
                      >> worth looking at.
                      >> The websight does not state a price and it's company base is in Denmark.
                      >> Worth a look.
                      >> Rogene
                      >>
                      >> http://nordictenthammock.com/index.htm

                    • gumby zenkayaker
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                        HI CHRIS !!!! no I haven't.what I use is "mini-cell foam" 1 1/2" padding,cut
                        from a sheet[4x8']that I got at a foam store[hear in burlington nc].I use
                        the stuff for kayak bulkheads,seats&thigh braces.the stuff is "dense",but
                        lite.I hope this will both help and save ya money!!!! later gumby/zenkayaker
                        enjoy your days&remember your nites, move or die ,the only
                        easyday,was,yesterday