RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Is this forum dead?

  • Steven Bronstein
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 21, 2009
      The knot Ralph is referring to is sometimes called a Trucker's Hitch and , I
      agree, it is a great solution.

      One question I have is that when I wrap around the tree twice when you pull
      up on the hitch you then have to adjust the strapping that is cinched around
      the tree to even out the pull and then your hammock adjustment has shifted.

      I have been trying to come up with a more elegant solution so that you can
      eliminate the fussing. Adding rings at the hammock loop and using a
      carabiner around the tree works well but adds more weight.

      I want to be able to pull till the curve in the hammock is correct and then
      tie it off and be done.

      .

      Steven Bronstein

      Blackthorne Forge

      Marshfield, VT 05658

      phone/fax 802-426-3369

      www.blackthorneforge.com

      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 22, 2009
        Are there any hangs like this that happen in the New England area? I've
        love to get a group together for a fall trip.