Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammocks for Scouts

  • Jeff Barnes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2009
      Thanks. This was the basic plan I had in mid, but you had a couple of points that will improve on my first idea. Unfortunately WalMarts around here have stopped selling fabric so I have to look elsewhere.

      We are in north GA near the beginning of the AT so trees are plentiful...sometimes too much so when trying to find tent sites

      Jeff
      I used to be a Buffalo......

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2009
        If you want some cinch buckles cheep for this project search eBay for
        "10 PARACHUTE HARNESS RINGS BELT BUCKLES NEW MIL SURPLUS"
        Chris @ 800.464.1713 has tons of them and will make you a deal They are made for 1-15/16" webbing. I am using them without a problem with 1" webbing, thin poly or Nylon tubular. I have even placed them in the mid strap with the strap doubled over without any slippage. They are steel and do weigh about 4oz each. The triangle loop is large enough to loop light fabric through.
        I paid 45.00 with shipping for 30.

        Sapere Aude,

        Arye P. Rubenstein

[...]

        # #