Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock from recycled materials

  • pure mahem
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2009
      To tell the truth I like Polypro Strapseven better However I believe we were looking at only usaing recycled materials for the straps in this particular project.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5, 2009
        Just buy and "recycle" the polypro strapseven then. ;o) You could also buy a 30' ft. roll of polypropylene webbing from Ed Speer's site (http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/Supplies.htm) for $6.00. Pretty cheap! Then, just "recycle it" into strapping for the hammocks. They're safer since the breaking strength is rated at 700 pounds and they're really cheap, especially if you put in an order for a few of them to save on shipping costs.

        T3

        pure mahem wrote:
        > Try recycling an old ratchet tiedown strap justcut thehook outanditsgoodto go andstrong too.

      • Ralph Oborn
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5, 2009
          You'll need 12 to fifteen feet a each end of each hammock

          Ralph