Re: Monkey bread, was dressing was Re: [Hammock Camping] Hey folks

  • ratsmouth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , May 27, 2009
      Yuh. Easy to make, very yummy pull-apart bread. I have an 8" Dutch
      oven that goes most places with me (kayak and car camping), and Monkey
      Bread has gotten to be sort of popular with my camping buddies, so I
      make it almost every time we go anywhere.

      Make a foil liner for Dutch oven (molded to fit the inside so the lid
      will fit tight), remove liner to use while doing the prep work, preheat
      Dutch oven.
      Cut refrigerated biscuit dough (Pillsbury Grands or whatever) into
      quarters, roll into balls and dip each in melted butter, roll in brown
      sugar/cinnamon mixture. Pour a little extra melted butter into the
      foil liner and sprinkle some of the cinnamon/brown sugar in the bottom,
      then add the dough balls in layers.
      Put the liner and prepped Monkey Bread dough into the heated Dutch
      oven, set over coals, cover, and add coals to lid.

      Check in a few minutes (maybe 15-20). When browned, pull liner and all
      out of the Dutch oven, break out the butter, alert the hungry natives,
      and pig out.

      Can I hijack a thread, or what?

      Ratty

      Message 2 of 14 , May 27, 2009
        Actually I don't think this thread has been hijacked.  After all you can eat Monkey Bread while getting dressed in your hammock.

        ________________________________

        > Anybody have any tips for getting dressed in a hammock? LOL! I

        worked

        > out a system of my own, but somebody else might have a better

        idea.

        I lie on my back and wiggle out of one set of clothes and then wiggle

        into another. If there's other folks around, I make sure my tarp sides

        are low. If I'm feeling particularly shy, I drape my sleeping bag

        across

        me over the sides of the hammock.

        Kind of like yoga in a sling.=0

        liz young in rescue ca

      • R Swink
        Message 3 of 14 , May 27, 2009
          Not sure if it was hijacked but you might get a few offers to go out camping
          with folks.

        • Arye P. R.
          Message 4 of 14 , May 27, 2009
            I sleep in an oversized hospital gown with that on I can do what I want when I want and I'm 'covered'. BTW I wear it with the opening in front and a belt or string to keep it overlaped and closed.

            Sapere Aude,

            Arye P. Rubenstein