Re: dressing was Re: [Hammock Camping] Hey folks

  • ratsmouth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , May 27, 2009
      Yeah, that's pretty much what I was doing, except that I figured out
      that if I pull my pants most of the way up and then just give them one
      more tug when I stand up, I'm pretty well screened by the opening of
      the Hennessy Hammock. I can also change my shirt while standing "in
      the hole" without attracting a lot of attention. Love this hammock! I
      didn't want to get out of bed Monday morning when it was time to pack
      up. Good thing I had made Monkey Bread for breakfast the night before,
      so all I had to do was boil some water and toss the aluminum foil
      package of Monkey Bread in the ashes of last night's fire to warm it
      up. I'm pretty much sold on my hammock.

      Ratty

      Message 2 of 14 , May 27, 2009
        Monkey Bread?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , May 27, 2009
          Yuh. Easy to make, very yummy pull-apart bread. I have an 8" Dutch
          oven that goes most places with me (kayak and car camping), and Monkey
          Bread has gotten to be sort of popular with my camping buddies, so I
          make it almost every time we go anywhere.

          Make a foil liner for Dutch oven (molded to fit the inside so the lid
          will fit tight), remove liner to use while doing the prep work, preheat
          Dutch oven.
          Cut refrigerated biscuit dough (Pillsbury Grands or whatever) into
          quarters, roll into balls and dip each in melted butter, roll in brown
          sugar/cinnamon mixture. Pour a little extra melted butter into the
          foil liner and sprinkle some of the cinnamon/brown sugar in the bottom,
          then add the dough balls in layers.
          Put the liner and prepped Monkey Bread dough into the heated Dutch
          oven, set over coals, cover, and add coals to lid.

          Check in a few minutes (maybe 15-20). When browned, pull liner and all
          out of the Dutch oven, break out the butter, alert the hungry natives,
          and pig out.

          Can I hijack a thread, or what?

          Ratty

          Message 4 of 14 , May 27, 2009
            Actually I don't think this thread has been hijacked.  After all you can eat Monkey Bread while getting dressed in your hammock.

            ________________________________

            > Anybody have any tips for getting dressed in a hammock? LOL! I

            worked

            > out a system of my own, but somebody else might have a better

            idea.

            I lie on my back and wiggle out of one set of clothes and then wiggle

            into another. If there's other folks around, I make sure my tarp sides

            are low. If I'm feeling particularly shy, I drape my sleeping bag

            across

            me over the sides of the hammock.

            Kind of like yoga in a sling.=0

            liz young in rescue ca

          • R Swink
            Message 5 of 14 , May 27, 2009
              Not sure if it was hijacked but you might get a few offers to go out camping
              with folks.

            • Arye P. R.
              Message 6 of 14 , May 27, 2009
                I sleep in an oversized hospital gown with that on I can do what I want when I want and I'm 'covered'. BTW I wear it with the opening in front and a belt or string to keep it overlaped and closed.

                Sapere Aude,

                Arye P. Rubenstein