dressing was Re: [Hammock Camping] Hey folks

  • Elizabeth Young
    Message 1 of 14 , May 27, 2009
      ratsmouth@... wrote:
      > Anybody have any tips for getting dressed in a hammock? LOL! I worked
      > out a system of my own, but somebody else might have a better idea.

      I lie on my back and wiggle out of one set of clothes and then wiggle
      into another. If there's other folks around, I make sure my tarp sides
      are low. If I'm feeling particularly shy, I drape my sleeping bag across
      me over the sides of the hammock.
      Kind of like yoga in a sling.

      liz young in rescue ca
    • Tom Frazier
      Message 2 of 14 , May 27, 2009
        Well, before I had the JRB Hammock Hut and didn't have to worry about privacy (used this for the first time last weekened...just awesome!), I would just sit on the edge of my hammock and do my business there....with occasional peeks out either side of the hammock to make sure no one would see me. haha. To change my pants/shorts I'd half-stand, unbutton and pull down half way, then sit and lean back in the hammock to pull them the rest of the way off. I"d have my sleeping bag with me, so if I needed emergency cover up I'd have it handy...to get dressed, I just reversed the process.

        T3

        Message 3 of 14 , May 27, 2009
          Yeah, that's pretty much what I was doing, except that I figured out
          that if I pull my pants most of the way up and then just give them one
          more tug when I stand up, I'm pretty well screened by the opening of
          the Hennessy Hammock. I can also change my shirt while standing "in
          the hole" without attracting a lot of attention. Love this hammock! I
          didn't want to get out of bed Monday morning when it was time to pack
          up. Good thing I had made Monkey Bread for breakfast the night before,
          so all I had to do was boil some water and toss the aluminum foil
          package of Monkey Bread in the ashes of last night's fire to warm it
          up. I'm pretty much sold on my hammock.

          Ratty

          > Anybody have any tips for getting dressed in a hammock? LOL! I
          worked

          > out a system of my own, but somebody else might have a better
          idea.

          I lie on my back and wiggle out of one set of clothes and then wiggle

          into another. If there's other folks around, I make sure my tarp sides

          are low. If I'm feeling particularly shy, I drape my sleeping bag
          across

          me over the sides of the hammock.

          Kind of like yoga in a sling.=0

          liz young in rescue ca

        • HAROLD STEELE
          Message 4 of 14 , May 27, 2009
            Monkey Bread?

            ________________________________

          • ratsmouth@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , May 27, 2009
              Yuh. Easy to make, very yummy pull-apart bread. I have an 8" Dutch
              oven that goes most places with me (kayak and car camping), and Monkey
              Bread has gotten to be sort of popular with my camping buddies, so I
              make it almost every time we go anywhere.

              Make a foil liner for Dutch oven (molded to fit the inside so the lid
              will fit tight), remove liner to use while doing the prep work, preheat
              Dutch oven.
              Cut refrigerated biscuit dough (Pillsbury Grands or whatever) into
              quarters, roll into balls and dip each in melted butter, roll in brown
              sugar/cinnamon mixture. Pour a little extra melted butter into the
              foil liner and sprinkle some of the cinnamon/brown sugar in the bottom,
              then add the dough balls in layers.
              Put the liner and prepped Monkey Bread dough into the heated Dutch
              oven, set over coals, cover, and add coals to lid.

              Check in a few minutes (maybe 15-20). When browned, pull liner and all
              out of the Dutch oven, break out the butter, alert the hungry natives,
              and pig out.

              Can I hijack a thread, or what?

              Ratty

              Message 6 of 14 , May 27, 2009
                Actually I don't think this thread has been hijacked.  After all you can eat Monkey Bread while getting dressed in your hammock.

                ________________________________

                > Anybody have any tips for getting dressed in a hammock? LOL! I

                worked

                > out a system of my own, but somebody else might have a better

                idea.

                I lie on my back and wiggle out of one set of clothes and then wiggle

                into another. If there's other folks around, I make sure my tarp sides

                are low. If I'm feeling particularly shy, I drape my sleeping bag

                across

                me over the sides of the hammock.

                Kind of like yoga in a sling.=0

                liz young in rescue ca

              • R Swink
                Message 7 of 14 , May 27, 2009
                  Not sure if it was hijacked but you might get a few offers to go out camping
                  with folks.

                • Arye P. R.
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 27, 2009
                    I sleep in an oversized hospital gown with that on I can do what I want when I want and I'm 'covered'. BTW I wear it with the opening in front and a belt or string to keep it overlaped and closed.

                    Sapere Aude,

                    Arye P. Rubenstein