Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Best Rain Fly

  • Kerri Larkin
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 23, 2009
      Thanks guys! What awealth of information this forum is. Sorry to have hijacked the thread . I'll google the single pole thing - I expect I'll always have the car out there, so I think that will suffice as something sturdy to hang one end to!

      Cheers,

      Kerri

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 23, 2009
        Well, I did it. I am from out of town. That probably makes me an expert.

        Rick

        Ralph Oborn wrote:
        > Regarding a technique to hang without trees, there's a guys website out
        > there showing a way to suspend one end off an unguyed vertical pole. The
        > other end has to be tied into something sturdy. You'd think an unguyed pole
        > would just flop over, but it doesn't, as long as your center of gravity is
        > lower than the top of the pole. Sorry, I can't find the site, but I bet it's
        > still out there if you look. Regards, MWB
        >
        > Rick is the guy that is an expert on single pole guys.
        >
        > Google risk hammock for more info
        >
        > Ralph

      • Arye P. R.
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 24, 2009

          do you have any single pole techniques on your site, if so where, under which subject?

          Arye