Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Best Rain Fly

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 22, 2009
      Regarding a technique to hang without trees, there's a guys website out
      there showing a way to suspend one end off an unguyed vertical pole. The
      other end has to be tied into something sturdy. You'd think an unguyed pole
      would just flop over, but it doesn't, as long as your center of gravity is
      lower than the top of the pole. Sorry, I can't find the site, but I bet it's
      still out there if you look. Regards, MWB

      Rick is the guy that is an expert on single pole guys.

      Google risk hammock for more info

      Ralph

    • Kerri Larkin
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 23, 2009
        Thanks guys! What awealth of information this forum is. Sorry to have hijacked the thread . I'll google the single pole thing - I expect I'll always have the car out there, so I think that will suffice as something sturdy to hang one end to!

        Cheers,

        Kerri

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 23, 2009
          Well, I did it. I am from out of town. That probably makes me an expert.

          Rick

          Ralph Oborn wrote:
          > Regarding a technique to hang without trees, there's a guys website out
          > there showing a way to suspend one end off an unguyed vertical pole. The
          > other end has to be tied into something sturdy. You'd think an unguyed pole
          > would just flop over, but it doesn't, as long as your center of gravity is
          > lower than the top of the pole. Sorry, I can't find the site, but I bet it's
          > still out there if you look. Regards, MWB
          >
          > Rick is the guy that is an expert on single pole guys.
          >
          > Google risk hammock for more info
          >
          > Ralph

        • Arye P. R.
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 24, 2009

            do you have any single pole techniques on your site, if so where, under which subject?

            Arye